Our Approach to Privacy
Personal data means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person. PASYKAF is committed to protecting your and your family’s personal information. The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us and we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands.
Section 1: WHO WE ARE
We are Cyprus Association of Cancer Patients and Friends (PASYKAF) (“we”, “us” or “our”), we operate in Cyprus and you will know us by our name PASYKAF.
- Any PASYKAF website that links to this Policy (“Websites”)
- Social Media or PASYKAF content on other websites;
- Mobile and other applications (“Apps”)
Section 2: WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact PASYKAF for example by doing any of the following:
- Creating a new account
- Requesting or obtaining a quote
- Purchasing a PASYKAF product from us
- Using the Websites and Apps
- Entering PASYKAF as a volunteer
- Taking part in any event organized by us
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post, fax or email, or communicating via online channels as online chat and social media.
- Apply for work to us
This information may include:
- Basic personal details such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), date and country of birth, gender, marital status, occupation.
- Technical Information when using our websites or Apps such as date and time of access, Browser type/version, used operating system, URL of the previously visited website, amount of data sent.
- Your marketing preference
Information collected from you & cookies policy
Where we have collected information directly from you it will usually be obvious what this is, as you will have given it to us. This might not be the case where we have used cookies to collect information from your computer or portable electronic devices. Please see our cookies policy for more information.
Personal information about others
If you give us information about another person, it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
- You have told the individual who PASYKAF is and how we use personal information, as set out in this Privacy Notice; and
- You have the consent from the individual to provide that information (including any sensitive personal data) to us and for us to process it, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Sensitive personal information
We collect information that is sensitive, such as information about children, health history or geo-location (which may be sensitive personal information because, for example, it can pinpoint your location at a hospital), and information related to unspent past criminal convictions or offences.
SECTION 3: WHAT DO WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY WE MAY DO THIS?
We use your personal information in order to meet our obligations with you. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Providing nursing, palliative home care and medical service
When you request us to provide you with palliative home care and medical service, we use information about you:
- To decide what your needs are
- To contact you about your appointments
We cannot provide the services unless we use the information about you in this way.
- Do what we are required to do by law
As part of our duty as a Non-Profit Organisation, sometimes we are required by law to use information about you:
- To help make sure everyone are being treated fairly (e.g. to assist our regulators where we have a legal duty to do so);
- To deal with complaints;
- To supply your personal information to databases after request from government or other authorities;
- To help prevent and detect crime (including, for example, the prevention or detection of fraud); and
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We can use your personal information in this way because we are required to do so by law.
- To inform you about and promote products, events and services (marketing)
At the time when your personal information was collected, we asked you clearly to indicate your marketing preferences. These preferences can be revisited at any time by contacting us on 77 77 19 86 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your personal information to offer you suggestions about products and services you might want to buy. We may use external companies to do this on our behalf.
We can use your personal information in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to provide you with the right information at the right time, so that we may look at ways of extending our relationship that we have with you. We will always ensure that we keep the amount of your personal information that we collect and the extent of any processing to the absolute minimum to meet this legitimate interest.
- Where your or another person’s life may be at risk
We will use your personal information to assist where your or another person’s life or health is in danger and obtaining your permission is not possible (e.g. arranging emergency medical treatment in a remote location).
- To administer and improve our services
To administer our services, we will share information with others (including to people or organisations that may be based overseas):
- To help develop our products, services and systems to deliver you a better sales and claims experience in the future;
- Verify your identity and carry out anti-fraud checks.
We may also process your personal data to better understand you as a customer, including to determine how best to retain your custom, and to ask you to provide feedback on the service we provide to you.
We can use your personal information in this way because it is in our legitimate interests to provide the services in the most efficient way. We will always ensure that we keep the amount of your personal information that we collect and the extent of any processing to the absolute minimum to achieve this efficiency.
SECTION 4: HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS AND WHY DO WE DO IT?
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes mentioned in Section 3 above.
You should make sure everything you tell us is correct because your records may be checked in the following circumstances:
- When you apply for insurance or work
- By police and other law enforcement agencies.
In particular we share information with:
- Fraud prevention agencies that provide databases and services to prevent or detect fraud.
- Fraud prevention agencies will process this personal information in order to assist our prevention of fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity and may also process your personal information in order to prevent fraud and money laundering by other people.
- Fraud prevention agencies will hold your personal information for up to 1 year, or up to 6 years if you’re considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk.
- If we or a fraud prevention agency determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and / or financing you have requested.
- Your spouse or partner or any family member who calls us on your behalf. Please tell us who they are when you take out your policy. If you would like someone else to deal with your policy on your behalf on a regular basis, please let us know. In some exceptional cases, we may also deal with other people who call on your behalf, but only with your permission. If at any time you would prefer us to deal only with you, please let us know.
- Government bodies
SECTION 5: WILL WE SEND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
We send your personal information overseas to any part of the world. The protections given to your personal information in other parts of the world will often not be as strong as in the EU. Where possible, we will put in place agreements with the people we send your personal information to, to require them to treat your personal information with the same protections that we apply ourselves. Our agreements may include standard terms provided by the EU called EU Model Clauses or may require the other party to be signed up to government standards that are recognised as providing the right level of protection such as “privacy shield” in the USA. But it is possible that regardless of what is set out in the agreement this would not stop a government in any part of the world from accessing your personal information, as they can often have power to overrule any agreements we make.
By providing your personal information to PASYKAF you consent to the transfer of your information as described above.
SECTION 6: HOW LONG MAY WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We are only allowed to keep your personal information if we need it for one of the reasons we describe in section 3 above.
As a general rule, we will keep it for 7 years from the end of your relationship with us, as it is likely that we will need the information for regulatory reasons or to defend a claim. For example, should you wish to bring some form of legal action relating to your relationship with us, this would generally need to be done within 6 years from the end of that relationship.
SECTION 7: WHEN CAN YOU ASK US TO STOP USING THE INFORMATION?
If we rely on your consent to collect and process your personal information, you can ask us to stop using your personal information at any time by withdrawing that consent and we will stop using your personal information for those purposes. We may rely on your consent to tell you about products or services which may be of interest to you or to use computers to make decisions about you to improve our services or develop our products.
SECTION 8: WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE US SOME OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where you do not provide the personal information, we need in order to provide the service you are asking for or to fulfil a legal requirement, we will not be able to provide the service that you are asking us to give you.
We will tell you about why we need the information when we ask for it.
SECTION 9: HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Data Protection Officer is in charge of answering questions about this privacy notice or your requests to exercise your rights which are set out below. The Data Protection Office may be contacted at PASYKAF 2 Chalkanoros str., 2000 Strovolos, Nicosia, Cyprus or via email on email@example.com
You may contact us at the address above for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, or to delete personal information about you (the so-called “Right to be Forgotten”).
- To tell us you no longer agree to, that you object to, or that you wish to restrict us using information about you and ask us to stop.
- To tell us to stop using your personal information to tell you about products or services that may be of interest to you (direct marketing).
- A right of access, namely to ask us to provide you with a copy of all of the personal information that we have about you. To receive this information please write to the Data Protection Officer Team, PASYKAF Insurance Ltd, P.O. Box 51998, 3509 Limassol, Cyprus
- A “data portability” right, namely to obtain and reuse the information that you have provided to us for your own purposes across different services. You may ask for this information to be provided directly to you or directly to another organisation. We will provide the information in a machine-readable format so that another organisation’s software can understand that information.
We will tell you if we are unable to comply with your request, or how your request might impact you, when you contact us.
If you have any concerns about the way in which we are using your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer and we will endeavour to resolve your concern. However, you do also have the right to complain about how we treat your personal information to the Office of the Commissioner of Personal Protection. The Commissioner can be contacted at:
Telephone: +357 22818456
Fax: +357 22304565