Physiotherapy & Lymphoedema Clinics
In most cases, physio-therapeutic recovery is needed after surgery. In almost all surgical interventions, physiotherapy plays a key role in bringing improvement and ensuring that the organ/ body part operated on is fully functional.
The main aim of the service is for the patient to become or reach the point of being functional and responsive to the needs of their daily life without pain.
The purpose of the Physiotherapy Service is to promote the health of the patients after cancer diagnosis, during the necessary therapeutic approaches and after completing their treatments through a holistic and clinically acceptable approach.
The programs are personalized and tailored to each patient’s needs and abilities. Information sessions are provided to fully understand the patient’s condition and to set common and feasible goals of treatment. All this is done in collaboration and previous agreement with all PASYKAF health professionals, working as a multidisciplinary team to ensure optimal and holistic care.
PASYKAF offers the following physiotherapy services:
- Kinesiotherapy & Therapeutic Exercises
- Lymphoedema Treatment
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Palliative Physiotherapy
- Electrotherapy & Deep Oscillation
Lymphoedema Clinics are available in all districts for the prevention and treatment of lymphoedema. The goal is to train for prevention and provide assistance to people who have lymphoedema after surgery.
Lymphoedema Clinics cater for:
- The relief of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease
- The reduction of the side effects of treatment
- The improvement of the quality of life
- The improvement of mobility and functionality
- The patients’ reintegration in the wider social environment
- Evaluation and recommendation for equipment needed to improve the quality of life of the patient and his or her family
Groups of Women with Breast Cancer Experience are held in all districts for the Prevention of Lymphoedema.