We offer Home Care Palliative and Medical Care without interruption to patients with cancer, in the comfort of their own home at all stages of the illness.
PASYKAF offers Home Care Palliative and Medical Care, supporting patients at all stages of the illness.
It’s main purpose is the choice we allow the patients to have in remaining in the comfort of their own home, in the warmth of their family and supportive environment, regardless of whether their illness is curable, controlled or end-stage. Nurses always support the patient in collaboration with the attending physician and the Palliative Care Doctor of PASYKAF.
The purpose of the service is to provide comprehensive and personalized care to each patient according to their needs, ensuring the dignity and comfort of patients and their families.
Pasykaf’s Health Professionals visit the patient and his/her family, assesses their situation and needs, and they jointly prioritize needs and set goals.
Liaison nurses have the necessary knowledge and training in symptom management such as pain as well as emotional support. The physician of the association is a general practitioner specializing in palliative care who conducts home visits according to patients’ needs.
Patients are referred to this service by their attending physician, but they or their family members can seek help at any PASYKAF branch by providing a fully updated referral from their attending physician, oncologist, surgeon or otherwise with all the necessary information on diagnosis, stage, communicable diseases or other congenital diseases, etc.
The service operates on a 24-hour basis in Nicosia and Limassol.
Services offered by Home Care Palliative and Medical Care:
- Symptoms control such as pain, shortness of breath, etc.
- Emotional support to patients and their relatives / carers.
- Assessment and referral to another service of the association such as physiotherapy, social / psychological / mental support.
- Blood draw
- Drug administration
- Caregiver or patient training to administer appropriate/ prescribed medication.
- Caregiver, family, patient information for best care.
- Carer, family training to provide daily support and care.
- Wound care and training for proper care of the area.
- Needs- evaluation and loan of the necessary equipment such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, and oxygen supply systems.