Colon Cancer Prevention Program
‘Althea’, is the management team of gastrointestinal cancers created by PASYKAF in 2016 to counter the rising trend in incidents of this type of cancer (colon, pancreas, stomach, liver and esophagus) that is being recorded in Cyprus over the past decade, we are carrying out the Prevention and Management of Gastrointestinal Cancer.
Althea – PASYKAF Gastrointestinal Cancer Support Team
Althea has been in operation since October 2016 and is a member of Digestive Cancers Europe, the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition and the Global Colon Cancer Association.
‘Altho’ means ‘I heal’
‘Althea’ is an ancient edible plant and medicine used by ancient Egypt to treat gastrointestinal problems. The word ‘altha’ comes from the Greek word ‘altho’ which means “I heal”.
- Reducing the number of cases diagnosed with gastrointestinal cancer in the Cypriot population
- Detection of gastrointestinal cancers at an early stage
- Ensuring that all Cypriot citizens have access to the best possible treatment and care
- Improving the quality of life of people with gastrointestinal cancer
- Implementation of the National Population Cancer Screening Program of the Ministry of Health Cyprus
- Creation of a specialized Colon Center
What does Althea PASYKAF offer you?
As part of its gastrointestinal cancer prevention and treatment program, Althea PASYKAF provides the following services to the public, in organized groups in cities, communities or professional settings free of charge:
- Information leaflet on the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal cancers
- Lectures, presentations by Doctors, Psychotherapists and other health professionals
- Public awareness campaigns on colorectal cancer and walk-through presentation of inflatable dummy
- Free Fecal Tests for Hemoglobin (FOB / FITtest)
For information, call 77 77 19 86 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Living with Stoma
We stand by people with stoma, providing them with the information they need to properly care for their skin and meet the daily challenges that arise, for a better quality of life.Learn more